Sussex First Aid Training Emergency First Aid at Work “EFAW”
The Sussex First Aid Training Outdoor Emergency First Aid at Work programme meets the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive for first aiders.
The qualification will equip the first aider with skills to be able to confidently undertake emergency first aid if someone becomes ill or injured at work and consists of 6 hours of instructor led tuition with the emphasis on practical application of first aid skills.
The content covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a patient. Candidates will receive training in a range of first aid skills including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking.
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
- Catastrophic bleeds, Hemostatics, Tourniquets, clotting plasters and trauma bandaging.
- Defibrillation awareness, how to use and apply.
By choosing a Sussex First Aid Training, training programme you will receive:
- A comprehensive student resource pack for each delegate containing a market leading first aid reference manual for use during the class and as post course reference
- Professional training delivered by quality assured instructor, 14 years’ experience in the Emergency Services, Trainer for Doctors & Nurses and officials deployed to area of conflict and Natural Disaster for Humanitarian support.
- Active learning strategies with opportunity for practice in small, relaxed groups monitored by the instructor
- Fully interactive presentation materials that use a graphical approach to learning
- The opportunity to complete a course evaluation and register online with the Sussex First Aid Training website to access special offers and first aid related update
Successful candidates will be awarded a qualification in Emergency First Aid at Work qualification, valid for 3 years and certificated by Sussex First Aid Training, training Systems.
1 Day Training, certification lasts three years.
This HSE certificated course has been planned with the forestry and arb industry in mind.
10% discount if you have attended one of our courses.
What other people have said about this course:
- Your first aid course was superb, both in content and presentation and it was quite an eye opener of what products are out there.
- Ian and Hinako led this fast paced day brilliantly - covering all the relevant skills and more.
A willingness to participate!