- safe working procedures
- risk asessment
- emergency procedures
- Health and Safety legislation
- working in a safe manner
- securing the root plate
- use of winch
- carry out assissted felling operation
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- understand relevant health and safety legislation and industry good practice
- follow health and safety legislation and industry good practice
- understand how to & carry out emergency tree work operations
This is the old CS50.
Chainsaw maintenance, cross cutting and felling trees up to 380mm (unit 201,202,203)
First Aid training is also an essential part of your preparation to use chainsaws, so please look into this if you do not currently hold a relevant qualification. We are pleased to now offer an Emergency Outdoor First Aid at Work course, certificated by the HSE. Ian has a wealth of first aid and trauma experience. Following discussions with him, he has created a more bespoke course for the industry – although all the skills are covered (including catastrophic bleeds and trauma), the scenarios and accidents discussed are tailored to the forestry and arb industry. The total fee is £120.