This course is ideal for people working in the arboricultural industry - whether novice or experienced. We generally run this alongside the Rigging course. It has worked really well in the past when clients have attended with their climber attending the Rigging training. However, it can be run alongside any aerial course.
The time spent on this course is flexible:
- Some clients have attended for the full 4 day Rigging course - £660
- Attend 3 day training course with integrated assessment - for Ground crew on Rigging course - £550
- Attend 1 day for Ground crew on Aerial cutting/ climbing course - £210
Overview - the course covers the working operations expected of a ground's person assisting a tree climber.
- Safe working procedure / risk assessments
- Relevant legislation
- Setting out the site
- Assisting the climber with kit - sending equipment up
- Operating lowering equipment
- Breaking down of crown sections
- Handling and stacking
Over the longer course duration we can cover:
- Advanced rigging equipment operation - GRCS
- Ground work in the context of machinery assisted sites
- Creating mechanical advantage for felling standing stems
Chainsaw maintenance and cross-cutting 0020-03 (old CS30)
First Aid training is also an essential part of your preparation to use chainsaws, so please look into this if you do not currently hold a relevant qualification. We often get asked 'Do I have to do a First Aid course?' ... are you confident that you know what to do it you have an accident at work? HSE - Chainsaws at work - this publication covers a number of points to think about when using a chainsaw at work.
We are pleased to now offer an Emergency Outdoor First Aid at Work course, certificated by the HSE. Ian has a wealth of first aid and trauma experience. Following discussions with him, he has created a more bespoke course for the industry – although all the skills are covered (including catastrophic bleeds and trauma), the scenarios and accidents discussed are tailored to the forestry and arb industry. The total fee is £120.