This is an integrated training and assessment course. You will be able to use the brush cutter safely and with confidence and will understand the relevant regulations and safety requirements.
This course is aimed at people who are experienced users or are used to working with brushcutters/ chainsaws.
- State and comply with safety and legal requirements of Brushcutter/ trimmer, with an emphasis on safe practices, warning signs and guards
- State and identify the correct protective clothing to wear and the standards required.
- Perform routine maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s handbook.
- Identify faults and defects on a brushcutter/trimmer and decide which the operator can easily remedy, and which should be referred to a specialist engineer.
- Identify which cutting head to select for the relevant operating conditions.
- Carry out fuel mixing correctly and be able to start the brushcutter/trimmer from both a hot and a cold condition in a safe manner.
- Operate the brushcutter/trimmer in a safe manner having regard for the safety of themselves, the public, property and environmental factors.
- Plan systematic working operations.
- Use the manufacturer’s instruction book and parts list.
We run the Lantra Awards one day refresher for experienced users and the two day course for novices.
If you are unsure, there is an attached document with prompts to help you decide which course is best for you.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
PPE requirements - forestry helmet, trousers with padding, boots
What did other people think about this course?
"A well executed and thorough course."
"A very good practical hands on approach from Scott, thank you."
"Two day course allowed for good practical session with more time spent understanding how to sharpen blades and how to use the machine on different terrains."
"Scott's methods were effective and having most of the day to practice was invaluable in gaining confidence in correct use."