This is the Lantra Awards ITA course, covering safe use of mobile forewood processors. This course was developed by Scott and adopted by Lantra Awards in 2010.
We can run this using your own machine or with our Posch SpaltFix S-375 with log deck.
- Background legislation
- Safety features
- Site set up
At the end of the course, each learner will have been given the information enabling them to:
- produce a site specific risk assessment for firewood processor operation
- state the principles of HSE legislation and safety guidelines for using firewood process
- select the appropriate PPE and state the maintenance requirements
- select an appropriate site for use and deploy warning signs / barriers as necessary
- connect to tractor / power source
- convert from transport position, carry out operator checks and identify the safety features of firewood processors
- carry out routine operator maintenance
- inspect and identify defects on the cutting mechanism
- prepare machine prior to operation, start the machine, carry out safety checks and stop the machine
- prepare the work area, a range of cord wood for processing and identify hazardous materials not to be processed
- use approved techniques to process a range of material into cut and split firewood
- state the procedures for dealing with a range of common operational faults – for example jammed wood and out-feed stuck.
- state the safety and environmental factors associated with the disposal of waste and the various end-uses of waste
- prepare machine for transport and storage.