Stationary Rope Work Positioning - why use SRWP? John Trenchard, Lantra Verifier has written this article.
This Lantra Awards course is a welcome development in this area of tree climbing techniques, as it offers the following benefits:
- UK Awarding body course provision
- Optional independent assessment
- SRWP framed within UK established tree climbing principles
- Rescue focus based on sensible defendable approaches
- Dangerous/marginal practices rejected
- Only CE compliant kit included
- SRWP options demonstrated in compliance with UK W@H Regs
- Understand Stationary Rope Work Positioning for Tree Climbing
- Identify a range of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to tree climbing
- Identify hazards and manage associated risks
- Carry out visual tree inspection
- Carry out pre-use inspection of tree climbing equipment
- Choose appropriate anchor points
- Use techniques for safe and efficient ascent and descent
- Establish safe and comfortable work positions
- Carry out SRWP rescue methods
Who is it for?
Prerequisites - City & Guilds or Lantra Awards Benchmark Basic Tree climbing unit, as well as a good level of fitness.
The course is suitable for those new to SRWP but would generally not be suitable to those relatively new to climbing.
For those getting interested in SRWPand already working on a stationary line it would be ideal and even those proficient can gain a lot in terms of simplifying set ups and