A comprehensive course covering all the theoretical and practical skills to inspect, record and report under LOLER regulations. Industry experience required.
· Be aware of legislation pertaining to examination of arboricultural equipment.
· Understand definition and status of a competent person.
· Be aware of range of personal protective equipment (PPE) and other equipment appropriate to working at height in arboricultural operations.
· Understand the requirements for operator pre-use checks, inspection, record keeping, storage and transport of equipment.
· Identify different categories of equipment and their appropriate examination intervals.
· Recognise appropriate marking of equipment to identify individual items.
· Correctly identify levels of wear and damage in a range of arboricultural equipment.
· Demonstrate an ability to record findings of the thorough examination using the appropriate forms.
Industry experience is important, usually 3-5 years aerial treework using a range of modern climbing and rigging equipment. This is not essential however, those with allied industry or leisure experience have been sucessful on this loler inspection course.
City & Guilds requirements: Please note - Tree Climbing Equipment – LOLER
In order for aerial assessments to commence, you must provide evidence that the equipment to be used is fit for purpose and LOLER compliant. This means that it should have a unique identification and have been thoroughly examined by a competent person. The most current examination record must be provided where equipment is greater than 6 months old. If these records are not available for the Assessor to check, the assessment must not proceed.
What did other people think about this course?
"Good, well tailored to individuals. Above and beyond the course objectives". Plumpton College lecturer
"A good course, very informative and good use of modern kit"
"Excellent loler inpection course - been coming on courses since 2010!"
"The best course I have ever done! (on meeting a client a few years after they had attended the course!)"
"A huge amount on current regulations and legislations. An improvement on my product knowledge"
"Once again thank you for making it enjoyable and informative. A drink is on me if we ever meet at one of the shows. Leading equipment supplier"